** Teach for Life! 2017 **
July 30-AUGUST 4, 2017
Menucha Retreat Center • Corbett, Oregon (near Portland)
. . . Immerse yourself in 6 days co-creating
a life-enriching learning community . . .
In our 16th year, TEACH FOR LIFE! invites educators from around the world into a living laboratory where we co-create a vibrant, compassionate classroom. Expect five days in a beautiful, nurturing retreat environment, renewing your spirit, reviving your passion to teach, and learning new ways to create compassionate learning communities. Expand your ability to live your values, listen deeply to yourself and to others, express yourself courageously, and have fun doing what you love.
Come explore how to:
- Co-create a vibrant, compassionate classroom
- Learn to co-create Group Agreements that work to inspire willing cooperation and radically reduce disruptive behavior and
- Teach students to resolve their own conflicts
- Practice & strengthen Nonviolent Communication skills
- Learn structures & processes to support compassion in schools
- Learn fun activities to share with students
- Explore proven practices for navigating conflict
- Create a network for ongoing support
- Leave with a step-by-step Action Plan to create your compassionate classroom or school
- CEUs available upon request
Nonviolent Communication principles are embedded in Teach for Life! curriculum and all processes and activities can be used in classroom settings.
* * *
Teach for Life! Participants
Teach for Life! is for school (and other youth program) teachers, administrators, counselors and Nonviolent Communication trainers who work in schools (or other youth programs) as well as trainers who have this intention.
Teach for Life! Training Team
Sura Hart, Jean Morrison, Jared Finkelstein and Jennifer Warnick are certified trainers with the international Center for Nonviolent Communication. Sura and Jean are co-founders and lead facilitators of Teach for Life! Jared is an experienced, international CNVC certified trainer and well-loved Teach for Life! facilitator. All have trained with Marshall Rosenberg and many other NVC trainers around the world.